1 x 330g SORSO Chilli
1 large Aubergine, cut into chunks
1 Medium Onion, diced
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Tin Chick Peas, drained
Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
3 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Handful Fresh Coriander
1 tbsp of Coriander, Cumin and Fennel Seeds
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Medium Red Onion, roughly chopped
1 Large Red Ball Pepper and Sweet Long Peppers, roasted
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Quick and Simple Method
- Preheat Oven 200C. Place the peppers in the oven and sprinkle with olive oil. Roast for about 20 mins
2. Roast the coriander, cumin and fennel seeds in a dry pan for a couple of minutes until fragrant. Add the garlic, onion, chillies, red pepper and olive oil to the blender and blitz with the roasted peppers to a paste.
- In a large saucepan add olive oil and place on a medium heat, add your onions and allow them to sweat down and become translucent.
2. Add your chopped aubergine, chick peas along with the crushed garlic, 2 tbsp harissa paste, SORSO Chilli and cinnamon. Stir and allow to cook together for 8 mins.
3. Fill the empty tin with water and add it to the pan. Drop in your stock cube, stir and bring to a simmer.
4. Allow to simmer for about 30 mins with the lid on or until soft. Season with salt and pepper for added flavour. Sprinkle with fresh coriander
5. The harissa paste will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for 2 months
See some more of our SORSO recipes.