VEGGIE HASH BROWNS
4 tbsp SORSO Original
2-3 600g large potatoes, grated
3 tbsp Olive Oil, for frying
1 Egg or Flax Egg
3 tbsp Rice flour or Flour, Gluten free can also be used
Salt & Pepper
Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
Quick and Simple Method
Flax seed mixture:
Mix 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 2 1/2 tbsp water in a small bowl and leave to thicken.
1. Peel the potatoes and grate them to your preferred texture, do allow for a bit of texture
2. Place a clean cloth into a bowl and add the grated potatoes. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Keep aside the starchy liquid, as this will be used to give the hash brown an extra crunch
3. Place all the ingredients into a large bowl. Add the starch at the bottom of the liquid set aside and mix all together
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry the hash browns from both sides on low-medium heat until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally Don’t use too much heat as the outside would turn black and the inside would stay raw.
5. Serve with a SORSO of your choice. Spicy or Tangy !!
See some more of our SORSO recipes.